Thursday, June 26, 2014

Featured Photographer: Lynzi Berg Photography

This week we have the stunning Lynzi Berg Photography as our guest judge!! Her work is marvelous! Check out more about her and some of her images below! 


Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc.)

I live with my husband and 3 sons, ages 5, 3, and almost 2, in Hamden, Connecticut. I am kind of like a fish out of water up here because I am a southern girl by birth. That being said, we are an army family so we are never anywhere for very long. One more year here and we are on to West Point, New York. I started homeschooling my oldest two last year, and with three boys running around we are going nonstop.


What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)?

I am sure you guys are sick of hearing the same answer to this question from every photographer but I got my first camera when my oldest son was born. It took the birth of my third for me to learn how to use it. Lifestyle is a natural genre for a hobbyist with kids. I don’t currently have a business so my main subject is my children and I just love capturing them in their element. When I think about taking photos for other people, I like the idea of capturing their every day the way I capture my own.


Any photographers that you look up to?

Way, way too many to name! Mel Karlberg taught me how to use my camera. I love her work and I am eternally indebted to her for opening up the world of photography to me. I love the emotion Cynthia Dawson evokes with her black and whites. Kate T. Parker, Candice Zugich…the list really does go on and on.


What is in your camera bag?

I like to think of myself as the epitome of doing a lot with a little. That being said, I did just upgrade my camera. My Kelly Moore Two Sues bag holds a Nikon D610, a 50 mm 1.8 Nikkor lens, and an extra battery. The rest is all diapers, crayons, some Nerf darts, and lipstick!


If you could shoot anybody in the world, anywhere, who and where?

I have thought about this often. I was blessed to know and have a relationship with my great grandparents until I was well into my teens. I loved them so much and their relationship with each other was so precious. If I could, I would photograph them sitting together in their lawn chairs on their gravel driveway. Her in her homemade slippers and him in his snap button shirt. I can’t think of anything I would rather capture and keep for future generations.




So wonderful! :) I just love the photo of the 'first tooth'!!! 

To see more of her work, visit her Facebook page, Lynzi Berg Photography! Be sure to share some love!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment