Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Featured Photographer: Tiffany Roberts Photography

Such an honor this week to have Tiffany Roberts Photography as our guest judge over at Beautifully Chaotic Photography. Her images are truly outstanding!! She won me over last week with the image of her little one standing in the kitchen chair at the table! Check out more about her below!


Tell us a little about yourself (family, hobbies, etc.)

I am a stay at home mom with two littles; my oldest is about to turn four, my youngest is 14 months.  We, along with my husband, live in Norman, OK.  I grew up in central California, and hope to one day return to the central coast where I had the good fortune of spending a few years while I attended University.  I am a bit of home body and introvert.  On the rare occasion that I have time to myself, you will likely find me in an online photography forum or Netflix binging (yeah, I totally made it through Orange is the New Black 2nd season in less than two days…don’t judge :)). 


What got you started in taking lifestyle images (or photography in general)?

I wish I had some awesome story, but it was what you hear time and time again, I wanted to document the lives of my children beautifully and honestly.  I started taking on clients when I realized how expensive all the STUFF was and I needed a way to pay for it all without taking food out of the mouths of my family. 
This year I started a project 365 and I feel like I have finally found my voice behind the camera.  Everyday storytelling has literally become a part of my daily life and I am more satisfied creatively then I ever have been.  The process has been a total eye opener and has completely changed the way I shoot and see the world around me.  For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend some sort of personal project!


Any photographers that you look up to?

 Oh Lordy, where to begin?... Locally, Summer Lee.  She shot my wedding years ago and we have since become friends.  Her use of light is incredible and her portraits are simple, emotive, and stunning!  I love our occasional coffee dates when we geek out to everything photography, and complain about how gross our kids are :).  There are quite a few others who inspire me that I periodically stalk on facebook and elsewhere.  Cris Stephens is a favorite; one day I will be able to use shadows as effortlessly and effectively as she does, or at least that's what I am working towards.  Same goes for Deb Schwedhelm, Katy Tuttle, Amber Privizzini, Candice Zugich, Megan Axelsson, Deborah Parkin, and who could forget Sally Mann. 


What is in your camera bag?

Nikon D7000 with a sigma 18-35mm 1.8 for lifestyle, Nikorr 85mm 1.8 for portraits.  My freelensing set-up is a Nikon D5000 (the camera I started with three years ago) and a Nikon 50mm 1.4G.  For film I shoot with a Nikon N80 and either a 35mm 1.8 or 50 1.4.  I always carry the usual things; a few rolls of film (usually Kodak Gold 400 because I am way too cheap to spring for Portra), extra SD cards, batteries, lens pens, yada-yada, and scotch tape to rig my 50 to free lens.  I do not leave home without gum, lots and lots of gum.  Rythmic chewing focuses me. 


If you could shoot anybody in the world, anywhere, who and where?

This is a tough one.  I can’t say I have ever fantasized about shooting any particular place or person.  Is that weird?  I would however love to eventually do some underwater photography and document a birth; and if both of those of those things happen simultaneously, I would be one happy girl :D.  



Absolutely amazing!! You can check out more of her work at her website, http://www.tiffanyrobertsphotography.com, her blog http://www.tiffanyrobertsphotography.blogspot.com, or on her Facebook page Tiffany Roberts Photography






No comments:

Post a Comment